6/23/2005

THX-1138; who do we appreciate?

No you dinnit -- did you? You didn't miss the AFI Tribute to George Lucas on USA on Monday night!? What silliness. Well, you have exactly two chances to redeem yourself in the eyes of both the Chewie World and Jedi Orders:

Saturday, June 25th 2:00 a.m. ET
Sunday, June 26th 9:00 a.m. ET

Be sure to have the popcorn popped and the Sunkist on ice right at kickoff, because you do not want to miss your one and only opportunity to witness an Imperial Stormtrooper chorus line backing William Shatner singing "My Way."

I really shouldn't, but okaaay, here is a sneak peek.

William Shatner: "George, live long and prosper. Eh - live long. You've already prospered enough."

Mark Hamill: "I want to thank you for making me a part of film history...not to mention a Pez dispenser, an electric toothbrush, and a pair of Underoos."

Harrison Ford: "I do love Indiana Jones. And if you guys can dream up more ways to torture me, I'll be there for Indy 4. But George, George, listen! Get on with it, man. If you wait around too much longer, Sean is gonna be much too old to play my father."

Carrie Fisher: "George is a sadist. But like any abused child wearing a metal bikini chained to a giant slug about to die, I keep coming back for more. And amongst your many possessions, you have owned my likeness lo, all these years, so that every time I look in the mirror, I have to send you a check for a couple of bucks."

"You had the unmitigated gall to let that chick - the new girl, the one that plays my mother, Queen Armadillo or whatever her name is - she wears a new hairstyle and outfit every time she walks through a door. I bet she even got to wear a bra, even though you told me I couldn't, because there was no underwear in space."

Mark Hamill: "But most importantly, thanks for showing us - and I mean this so sincerely - that artistic and commercial success and personal integrity need not be mutually exclusive; and indeed, as you've demonstrated, can easily go hand in hand."

Harrison Ford: "The relationships of the characters have stood the test of time. We all stand here, time-tested, for you, George. What a difference you've made in my life. I love you. Congratulations, my friend."

The Man Himself: "I'd like to thank my mom for reminding me that I could do anything. And especially my father, for reminding me to prepare for the possibility that what my mother believed might not come true."

No comments: