2/13/2005

Grammys

My friend called to report that in the Grammy pre-show, there was a seat card marked "Bono" about 3 or 4 rows back. Next to him were 3 seats labeled "U2". One wonders, are they for Edge, Larry, and Adam, or for Bono's ego?

Darn it, I'm going to end up watching the Grammys after all.

UPDATE: After seeing them perform, I theorize the other 3 seats were for Bono's cowboy hat.

Bono has stopped dying his hair black, saying it made him look too much like Johnny Cash. I see he's still dressing in all black. Such a riddle wrapped in an enigma, is our Bono.

They gave a nice performance of Bono's tribute to his father, who passed away in recent years.

We fight all the time
You and I… that’s alright
We’re the same soul
I don’t need… I don’t need to hear you say
That if we weren’t so alike
You’d like me a whole lot more

Listen to me now
I need to let you know
You don’t have to go it alone

And it’s you when I look in the mirror
And it’s you when I don’t pick up the phone
Sometimes you can’t make it on your own

I know that we don’t talk
I’m sick of it all
Can - you - hear - me – when – I -
Sing, you’re the reason I sing
You’re the reason why the opera is in me…

Where are we now?
I’ve got to let you know
A house still doesn’t make a home
Don’t leave me here alone...

No comments: