1/16/2005

Stuff to Hear

If you want some good Sunday music, I highly recommend tuning in to Weekend Edition on NPR tomorrow to hear Australian musician Kasey Chambers. If you miss it, you should be able to hear the audio stream and some song clips here.

Mark this on your calendar: UNC-TV will air Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival on February 19th at 9:00pm. Joining him: Carlos Santana, Joe Walsh, J.J. Cale, Robert Cray, Buddy Guy, B.B. King, Hubert Sumlin, Jimmie Vaughan, James Taylor, Vince Gill, Dan Tyminski from Alison Krauss' band Union Station, and John Mayer.

Dan Fogelberg is on UNCTV ("Soundstage") right now and I'm sad to say, he doesn't sound that great. I'm going to blame the sound techs. Maybe his monitor is too low. The voice just isn't the same, though the songs are familiar. I'd like to hear them as they were first embedded into my psyche: spilling out into the hallway, just before suppertime, from the LP player in my brother's room.

He's playing "Run for the Roses" now. I gotta go before I get verklempt.

"It's the chance of a lifetime, in a lifetime of chance. It's high time you joined in the dance..."

No comments: